Monday, March 7, 2011

Honored

I have some news. It was my blog's one year birthday on February 26th, last last Saturday, and I completely forget about it. So, happy late birthday to my blog.

On a more dramatic note, this Saturday brought a bit of a surprise. It all began at 11pm, when I was thoughtlessly getting ready to hit the hay [we can't afford beds]. Sudddenly, I heard a subtle ding. A seemingly innocent text? I flippantly thought so too. Boy was I mistaken. The flurry of excitement that ensued upon reading of the text, was received with questioning looks from my niece [her and I were having a sleepover], who wondered what kind of news could send me into a spiral of gleeful frolic all over the room.
The text was from one of my best friends growing up; we both managed to stay in contact even though I had moved. It read: "I'M ENGAGED!"

And just like that, she's all grown up now.
But get this. She asked a follow up question, a question that we might have discussed back when we were 12 or something, but she never forgot it. It read: "Will you be my maid of honor?" How special. I am so honored.

Oksana. I am extremely happy for you. I wish you both abundant blessings from the bottom of my heart. And I know you'll make an awesome bride. I can't wait till your special day! And I'll be praying for you guys.



photo

6 comments:

  1. Oh yay! Congrats to her! Enjoy being the maid of honor! And you know where to send her for invites, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is a big responsibility. you should probably start practicing your bouquet holding and graceful walking now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kae, will you be giving maid-of-honor lessons by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave me a heart attack!!! I thought for some reason you were talking about Irina..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, that's great
    I'm pretty sure that would give Irina a heart attack as well..hahah

    ReplyDelete