Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My major

In my lifespan the total times of changing my choice of career would most likely have to add up to..a big number. I admit it, I was the stereotypical child who would want every exciting career on earth. Whether it was flying to the moon, exploring tombs, writing in newspapers, becoming an investigator, or pro basketball player, I'd want to be it all. But putting aside all childish notions, I decided to settle for something more practical. Because all too often the reply "that's not practical" would come up when I used to inform people of my future career choice. So I think I am finally settling on a major. I have always been interested in art, and I've also been an avid doodler ever since I had the ability to hold a pen. But I'd actually never thought I'd seriously settle for an art degree. I mean, it wasn't..what's the word? Oh yes, practical. But then something brilliant opened up to me, something my ignorance had been concealing from me. It's called graphic designing. You use creativity and computer skills to produce posters, business cards, etc. And if you're really talented you can make tags for stores and produce designs on shopping bags and such. Before, I actually didn't know what graphic designing was, but now I do and I'm interested. Could it be I might have found what I want to major in? I hope so. If anything I'll definitely notify you guys.

6 comments:

  1. This better be what youll stick through with :)
    We gotta save up quite a lot of money for art college though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay. It shall be buckets of fun.
    Start building your portfolio now and show it off. Once you get into art school, you'll have a better understanding of your strengths and weaknesses, and you'll know where to pound the most. Wish I could join you ladies in an art program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited now. Thanks for the advice Stacey, will do. Yeah, I wish you could join too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALLA thats perfect!!!! you could even design comic books (about 2 girls at panda or something) you would be an amazing graffic designer!!! thats was sammie does! i love you blog and also will be visiting it often. just follow God and you will never be astray! lol. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, you could always hold a special class just for me. :D

    ReplyDelete